Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trucks!

Today Matt took Hayden to his first Monster Truck show.  Hayden has loved monster trucks since he was 9 months old and found one in a consignment shop.  It of course came home with us and has been a  favorite of his ever since, even though all of the stickers are peeling off and it recently lost a wheel.  I was so excited for him to see all the trucks that I was a little jealous that just Matt was taking him, but at the same time I was excited for them to get some Daddy-son time together.
They had pit passes to go early and see all of the trucks.  I figured Hayden would love that and Matt said it was a big hit.  Hayden had fun showing me all of the pictures when they got home and telling me all about them.  


He loved that this one looked like a dinosaur- another favorite thing of his these days:





The main thing that Hayden kept telling me about was the jumping.  The trucks jumped over cars, and then they jumped up high, and then they did a big jump, and then apparently after that they jumped some more.  At the dinner table tonight he actually stopped eating and looked at Matt and exclaimed "Oh, we forgot!" and then looked at me wide-eyed and said excitedly "The trucks jumped up high!"  Needless to say he was very impressed.

I think this next picture is hilarious.  Matt paid $15 for that bag of cotton candy and foam truck hat, (which Hayden took to bed with him tonight).  The purple ear plugs sticking out of his ears add a special touch and the face is just priceless. 

1 comment:

  1. Brian and Jack went to this event too, and guess what? They came home with the same $15 foam hat!!!

    ReplyDelete