Things have been going great since we brought Avery home from the hospital. She sleeps a lot, like a typical newborn, and we hardly hear a peep from her unless she needs a diaper change. Aside from being tired from late-night feedings, everything is perfect. Both Matt and I feel like bringing Avery home has been so much less stressful than bringing home Hayden. I am relieved that it is true what all of our friends and family have told us: it is so much easier and more relaxing the second time around! It is true so far, anyway.
First, a picture that I forgot to include in my last blog post. Our last as a family of three:
Last Saturday Matt's mom arrived for her visit. She spent this past week here and we enjoyed her visit. It was a pretty low-key week with the new baby in the house, but I am glad she got the time with the kids and, like our family always is, she was a big help to us while she was here.
First day GG met Avery, when Avery was 4 days old:
We finally got a picture of Avery with her eyes open. This is a pretty typical picture of Hayden snuggling with her; I think he has given her more kisses than Matt and I put together.
Nancy thoroughly enjoyed the weather while she was here and she and Hayden spent as much time outside as possible.
This morning we finally gave Avery her first "real" bath since her umbilical cord stump recently fell off. Hayden was in the tub too and thought it was great fun.
More time with GG:
Avery and her fuzzy hair after her bath. Gotta love that newborn cross-eyed look.
Time for a few family pics outside:
Matt went back to work yesterday, but now we are looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I'll be on my own for the first time on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before my family arrives on Thursday. Stay tuned to see how that goes!
So glad things are going well!! She is a cutie and it looks like Hayden has gotten the big brother part down really good!!!
ReplyDelete