Last weekend my good friend Nikki threw me a fabulous baby shower with some help from some of my other very sweet friends. There was good food, tons of laughing and some really thoughtful gifts and I had a great time! I feel really lucky and blessed to have so many good friends in my life here in Mountain Home.
My friend Gina makes awesome cakes so I was excited when I heard she was making the cake for my shower! I told her the nursery was green and pink with lady bugs so she made a cake to match. It looked (and tasted) great!
I just have to brag and say that these peonies are from Nikki's back yard! They were georgeous!
My friend Angela made some take home gifts for everyone. Very thoughtful touch :)
My friend Sarah (red hair and blue shirt) coordinated some fun games for us to play. This one was particularly hilarious; we tied panty hose with a potato in them around our waist and then used the potato (which was dragging on the floor) to scoot a golf ball across the room (no hands allowed). I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
I had a hard time seeing over my belly!
Drawing my future baby on a paper plate atop their heads without looking. Very comical.
Nikki and I have been friends for almost three years now. Our boys are the same age and Nikki and I have trained for running events together and were climbing partners before I got pregnant. She has been a great friend and I am so thankful for her!
My beautiful friend Sarah: no she is not freakishly tall I was just sitting down in this picture :)
Me and Ally :)
Another fun surprise at my shower was gifts that were sent from my mom and sister in Florida. I had mentioned the shower and they had the idea to send gifts since they could not be here. My sister found a way to contact Nikki and they coordinated everything. Of course I wish they could have been here but I was touched that they thought to do that. They both also sent gifts for Hayden. He was excited to open the new clothes from my mom. My sister got him a book all about being a big brother and I have been waiting for a time when Matt is around too so we can all read it together. We better make it soon if we want him to get it before D-day!
I will be 39 weeks in a couple of days. So far no indication that the baby is coming terribly soon, but I am feeling great and we are looking forward to enjoying one last holiday weekend as a family of three :)
No comments:
Post a Comment