We also met this guy out on the golf course:
Matt had the great idea to buy Hayden this cheap infatable ring for the pool. He can actually swim pretty decently by himself with it and it made time at the pool much more enjoyable.
In the middle of the week we met up with another family here with two young boys to play at the putt putt golf course they have here near the gym. I think the boys maybe played the first one or two holes and then ran around the rest of the time. At least they burned a lot of energy!
There is a lot of small, colorful pieces of glass on the beaches here that have been smoothed over by the waves so we have spent some time collecting some to bring home. I love this picture because it shows Hayden laying down on the beach waiting for the waves to come up underneath of him. He loves doing this- he just lays back, puts his arms behind his head and closes his eyes. The boy knows how to enjoy the beach!
Matt lost his sunglasses when we were in Miami so we were at the store on base looking for some and the woman behind the counter decided to let Hayden join in the fun.
They have several play grounds around the base and we went to one after dinner one evening, strictly to let hayden play and have fun, of course.
Have I mentioned Hayden has two giant kids for parents? Lets just say we all had a really good time.
Hayden is a pro at climbing by now and was able to climb this small rock wall with no help:

I have one question: Where were these things on play grounds when I was a kid?! You just swing back and forth until you get enough momentum going to spin all the way around.

Matt and I took our own turns trying it out and yes, it is as fun as it looks.
I have one question: Where were these things on play grounds when I was a kid?! You just swing back and forth until you get enough momentum going to spin all the way around.
Matt and I took our own turns trying it out and yes, it is as fun as it looks.
- That playground looks AWESOME.
ReplyDelete- I hope you bought those glasses for Hayden. He needs them. =)
- I'll be the first to comment since everyone's thinking it - not surprised Hayden scaled the rock wall so easily - look who he has for a Mommy!
- We def need to take the kids to Fishhawk's splash pool if we have time - they'd love it. And we could just kick back and catch some rays.
- Looking forward to your return to FL!