Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Big News!

Spoiler Alert: this post contains potty language. I am about to make a blog post about something that some might feel is inappropriate and TMI, something I never imagined making conversation of let alone making public on my blog. Judge me if you must, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am excited to make this very special announcement.

Guess who pooped on the potty today?

This guy!
And he is super excited about it, too.

After a week of going #2 on the potty like it was no big deal he suddenly decided Saturday before last that he did not want to go AT ALL. Anywhere. And I heard about it all.the.time. I will be kind enough to at least spare my readers (all four of you) the details of those agonizing 5 days. Last week I went to walmart to buy some bribes to encourage him. Now, Hayden has trouble with delayed gratification, so I hesitated to actually show him any of his new toys for fear a meltdown would ensue and rather I simply hid them and told him that I had a very special present for him: if he could do his business like a big boy he could have a new toy. It wasn't really doing it for him. So this afternoon when he started doing his "special dance" and whining a bit I asked him if he needed to go sit on the potty. He was opposed to the idea. So I immediately chimed in with talk of a motorcycle that was yellow and looks just like daddy's. No lie: 15 seconds later there was poop in the potty. Also no lie: the second the tell-tale "plop" was heard in the water he threw his arms in the air and yelled "mo-go-gycle!"
I have seven more of these "bribes"...let's hope we keep having success!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, GG is happy with the news, because it means no more poopy diapers for her to change this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That great big smile on Hayden's face is such a thrill, and I know a relief for you!
    Whatever it takes to get "the job" done!! Mom

    ReplyDelete