A friend of mine (who recently gave birth to her fourth baby!) has been pondering the question of how often she really needs to clean. So she decided to put a questionnaire on her blog to find out how much other people really clean their houses. I found it very interesting to read some of the answers, so I decided to steal the idea. I have posted her questions with my answers. Please humor me and copy and paste them into the comment section and replace my answers with yours. And be honest! Otherwise its pointless. Should be fun!
How often do you change your kids’ sheets? same as above unless he has an accident
How often do you clean our your refrigerator? once a week (quick clean-out before I restock groceries) How often do you clean out your kitchen sink? quick wipe down after dishes go in washer, bleach about every 2-3 weeks.
How often do you vacuum your main living areas? once a week (okay, to be honest, Matt does this part) How often do you vacuum bedrooms? once a week
How often do you vacuum stairs? n/a
How often do you clean kitchen floors? sweep daily, mop every 2-3 weeks.
How often do you clean bathroom floors? every 2-3 weeks
How often do you dust? usually every two months, would like to do weekly
When was the last time you cleaned your oven? never
My microwave looks: 1)spotless 2)like it needs a quick wipe down 3)like you could eat lunch out of it with all the food splatter *2*
How often do you clean out your car? take all the trash in almost every trip, good vacuum about 3x a year, never really do the panels and stuff.
lol...I'll just say...you don't wanna know ;) or not nearly enough to all the above!!
ReplyDeleteHow often do you change your sheets? Goal: every two weeks. Reality: More like every 3 weeks
ReplyDeleteHow often do you change your kids’ sheets? Once a week, when I do her laundry. Horray for zip-on sheets!!!!
How often do you clean our your refrigerator?
That's a bit dicy.... when we run out of room, or if I notice something smelling "off"
How often do you clean out your kitchen sink? w/Clorox wipes every time we do dishes.
How often do you vacuum your main living areas? once a week (okay, since we're being honest, Jason does this part)
How often do you vacuum bedrooms? Once every 2 weeks, or when I notice it needs it, whichever is first (and Jason does this, too)
How often do you vacuum stairs? Once a month, sooner if needed (and Jason NEVER does this) :)
How often do you clean kitchen floors? About once a week, again, more as needed
How often do you clean bathroom floors? Downstairs, at least once a week. Upstairs.... uh, not enough.
How often do you dust? Definitely more than every two months!!! :) Downstairs - once every week or week and a half. Upstairs, bi-weekly
When was the last time you cleaned your oven? 2 weeks ago (It's self cleaning, so really all I do is flip a switch and wipe down afterwards)
My microwave looks: 1)spotless 2)like it needs a quick wipe down 3)like you could eat lunch out of it with all the food splatter *1* Last week it looked like #3, and I cleaned it to a shine and threatened bodily harm if it ever got to that stage again. Hello - put a paper towel over your plate, please!!!
How often do you clean out your car? Ugh. Wish it was self cleaning like my oven. I feel like each day I haul in a week's worth of junk. Actually clean it??? I think the last time it was "cleaned" was when I took it in to be detailed right before Kensie was born. (Shhh don't tell anyone how old my BABY is) lol
Amy,
ReplyDeleteThis year I would be embarrassed to report this!