Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Last of the Florida Pictures

I've finally come to the end of the vacation pictures. Here are some of Hayden playing at my parents house towards the end of our trip.
Hayden loves playing with his Uncle Mike, probably because he is so much fun. My brother loves kids and is great with them.



Hayden has a way of making people do silly things.



Grandpa and Hayden in their Beatles shirts
Playing with Grandma. They spent lots of time kicking the ball around while we were there.

Last week Hayden talked to my mom, my brother and Matt's mom on the phone. He was in a talkative mood and they all enjoyed it. He listened as my mom asked simple questions and responded with a "yes" at the appropriate times. Then he would point to his trucks in the room as she asked about them, as if she could see them. Then he abruptly said "bye!" when he was done talking. Then my brother got on the phone and I put Hayden back on the phone and after saying "hi Mike!" he proceeded to point and tell him about his trains. Later, when he talked to Matt's mom he said "hi GG" and told her Merry Christmas. So, later that night at the dinner table I asked Hayden to tell Matt who he talked to on the phone. He thought for a minute and then said "Mama GG!" (which I translated to Matt as being Grandma and GG). When I asked who else he had talked to, he sat thinking very quietly but wasn't coming up with anything so I prompted him by saying "uncle..." and his eyes got bright and excited and he exclaimed "Mike!" It is fun that he is enjoying having "conversations" with us now and he often repeats things that we have already established, like telling me Matt is at work, or that daddy has a truck, or that we are going to see his friends, etc. It's fun waiting to see what he has to say next!

1 comment: