Monday, May 23, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!

This past Thursday was the last day of the Mother's Day Out program before beginning summer break.  They had a little completion ceremony with diplomas for all of the kids, and the ones moving onto kindergarten wore little caps and gowns.  It was so cute!  Hayden was on stage with his class for just a few minutes, but he did not participate in any of the songs.  He looked somewhat like a deer in the headlights.  I felt bad because he had seen me on his way into the sanctuary, but then as they were filing up on stage I switched seats to get a better view.  He spent the whole rest of the time looking for me.   At least there were no tears!
I got just two pictures and a couple little videos, mainly because Matt was not able to make it.  Not much going on in either set, but I'll share anyway!
Enjoy!



Here is Hayden's class picture that came in the folder with his "diploma."  I think it is hilarious (and somewhat ironic) that Hayden is the ONLY child looking at the camera in the picture, and the only half smile :)

His teachers were Ms. Shalai (left) and Ms. Flo (right).  They were both very nice but I think Hayden was partial to Ms. Shalai :)



Hayden told me after we got home "I sang very quietly, Mommy."  He wasn't kidding- I could hardly tell his lips were moving!



No comments:

Post a Comment