Saturday, January 22, 2011

Random Updates

Its been quite a while since I made my last blog post and since I have no intention to abandon it entirely I figured I needed to make another one.  Unfortunately I have not taking many (or any) pictures the last month or better, and there is not a whole lot new going in in the Rogers family.  But for the sake of updating I will fill everyone in with the little details.
I've been drowning in a sea of construction paper and other craft materials since Hayden started Mother's Day Out in the fall.  I've really just been accumulating everything on my kitchen counter so that I could take pictures of Hayden with his art projects.  I hate clutter so I finally broke down one day and  hastily lined everything up for pictures so I can throw it all away put it away properly :)  Hence the pajamas.  And then the battery on my camera died.  Hence the pictures of turkeys and nothing else.





In other news, Matt was named the CGO of the quarter for his group in December.  Translation: of all the Lt's and Captains in his Group (which consists of five squadrons) he was noted to have the best performance October through December of last year.  He has been working very hard in his new job since he got back from his deployment and has been getting praises from his bosses and others in his squadron so I was happy he was recognized for his hard work.  We are very proud of him!
I am now 16 weeks pregnant (or will be tomorrow) and the pregnancy is going great.  I started feeling "normal" again around week twelve so I am thankful for that.  I have my next appointment on Tuesday so I will be excited to see how things are going.  We should find out the sex of the baby around the end of February.  
Hayden has already picked up on the idea that I have a baby in my belly and talks about it all the time.  He is convinced that he has a little brother in there and refuses the possibility that it could be a little sister.  We'll see :)  He has been really sweet talking about the baby.  One morning right after he got up he asked me "Mommy, does my little brother have a blanket in there?" and another time when he was getting into bed at night he got back out of bed to rub my belly before going to bed.  I think he is going to be a great big brother.
That's all for now- hopefully updates will start coming more regularly again!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see an update! And to hear you are feeling better :) Hayden sounds like such a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete