This past weekend Matt and Hayden camped out in the back yard for the first time. It was pretty chilly, but since Matt had been gone for the summer they missed out on the best chances. And this past weekend was a touch warmer than it had been, so Matt decided last minute that it was either now or wait until next summer. So they got to work! It was dark out by the time they got the tent up.
Hayden loved roasting marshmallows. He would hold one over the fire for a few seconds and then say "nice and toasty, mommy" and take it off his stick and eat it. The boy obviously doesn't know what he's missing!
I got him bundled up in two layers of pj's, two pairs of socks and a hat. He had fun playing with the glow stick Matt gave him.
Then it was off to bed! I enjoyed the quiet time inside at first, but I actually was so anxious thinking about how they were doing outside all night that I did not sleep well. Hayden on the other hand slept from 8:45-8:10 so I guess we can count it a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment