Matt's dad was here this past weekend and we had a great time. It was his first visit to Idaho and unfortunately it was windy and cloudy and fairly chilly most of the time he was here. But we still squeezed some fun (and a little work!) into the four days he was here.
Matt enjoyed showing off his motorcycle and his dad took it for a ride.
While Bert was here he and Matt spent quite a bit of time putting together a swing set that we recently bought Hayden. This is a project that I was really hoping to have done before Matt leaves for Cuba on May 4 and I am so excited to have it up! It seemed like a big undertaking and they spent just over 7 hours working on it together. It was such a blessing to have Bert's help, I asked Matt how he would have ever done that without his dad's help and he answered "I wouldn't have!" We are all very thankful for his help, especially this little guy:

Another thing that Matt, Bert and Hayden did was visit the Bruneau Sand Dunes. Would you have guessed that the largest sand dunes in North America are just outside of Mountain Home, Id? Me neither. But they are. They walked through some trails and then hiked up one of the dunes. They opted for a medium one instead of the highest one. Maybe next time, right Bert?
Wow! I am amazed at the hard work put forth by the Rogers men. They did a great job and the swingset looks like a ton of fun!
ReplyDeleteOn a side note... I can hardly wait to have a backyard so that Kensie can run outside in her pjs.... some mornings it would just be easier than getting her dressed! =)